Автор Тема: dual boot windows 10 ,7 with SimplyLinux P8  (Прочитано 30333 раз)

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
dual boot windows 10 ,7 with SimplyLinux P8
« : 08.09.2019 14:06:24 »
Good evening i am a new member of the forum and unfortunately i don't know russian, but i don't speak very good english either...
However , I will try to explain my problem with the little English I know , by the way i know fluent Greek .
I would like to ask about a problem with  distribution altlinux p8 simply linux ,
The problem is focused on grub, in legacy mode ,because my pc is old ,
I start with the first installation of windows << 7 or  10 does not matter the effect is the same...>>
and then I try and install linux SL P8 "in auto partition by altlinux"
after the installation is complete of linux
i go in windows and I find that windows cannot install the updates, and when I try to shut down windows  , the windows reopen like suspend.
I have been using this distribution p8 SL for a long time ,and I never had such a problem until now, anyway
if there is another way to install it altlinux or grub  please tell me step by step ,I think I will understand.
thanks you

« Последнее редактирование: 04.01.2020 17:25:53 от Δημητριος »

Оффлайн klark973

• Завсегдатай
  • Неспящий саппорт
Re: dual boot windows 10 ,7 with SimplyLinux P8
« Ответ #1 : 08.09.2019 16:36:43 »
Hello!

After installing Microsoft Windows, fully update it. You probably need a special patch to speed up the Windows update. Find out more on the Microsoft forums. Then install Simply Linux and fully upgrade it to the latest state.

Dual booting is not the best solution, but if the computer is really old, there are probably no others.

P.S.: Recently released beta based on P9, you can try ALT Education 9 - it also based on Xfce and optionaly on KDE5. Simply Linux 9 coming soon.
« Последнее редактирование: 08.09.2019 16:40:08 от klark973 »
To moan or to solve -- that is the question!

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
« Ответ #2 : 08.09.2019 17:18:17 »
<<After installing Microsoft Windows, fully update it. You probably need a special patch to speed up the Windows update. Find out more on the Microsoft forums. Then install Simply Linux and fully upgrade it to the latest state.>>

Thank you for the answer
I've done that
but in future updates I find it again in front of me,that it can't install the other updates ,
this problem has occurred in the last six months if I'm not mistaken,
and I'm trying to find a solution.

<<Find out more on the Microsoft forums>>:-\
I don't think the Microsoft  would want a solution, because I'm not the first to look for the right answer,i mean i'm not the only one having to have such a problem,but microsoft gives the classic solutions that do not solve the problem.

<<Dual booting is not the best solution, but if the computer is really old, there are probably no others.>>:-\
I think if there is such a problem in legacy mode, i think  later it will be impossible dual boot ,something I wouldn't even want to imagine, because windows I'm forced to use them..

thanks i wait p9 SimpleLinux 

Оффлайн klark973

• Завсегдатай
  • Неспящий саппорт
« Ответ #3 : 08.09.2019 18:13:22 »
However, you are looking for them here, although it is not related to Simple Linux. Last 6 months? This seems like a May 22 update issue. Try this or this guides.

I don't think the Microsoft  would want a solution, because I'm not the first to look for the right answer,i mean i'm not the only one having to have such a problem,but microsoft gives the classic solutions that do not solve the problem.
Alas, we cannot solve the Microsoft problems.
« Последнее редактирование: 08.09.2019 18:42:45 от klark973 »

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
« Ответ #4 : 08.09.2019 20:24:30 »
However, you are looking for them here, although it is not related to Simple Linux. Last 6 months? This seems like a May 22 update issue. Try this or this guides.
thank you i will try it

Alas, we cannot solve the Microsoft problems.
You are absolutely right ,I wanted to explain that there are no misunderstandings ,
of course we won't solve the problem of the microsoft,but  I mean, if it is possible to have a problem  grub or anything else from the installation of Linux ....because I can't understand the relationship between updates windows and boot grub ...???
whatever it is thanks for all

Оффлайн klark973

• Завсегдатай
  • Неспящий саппорт
« Ответ #5 : 08.09.2019 21:00:48 »
because I can't understand the relationship between updates windows and boot grub
They are not at all! But there is a problem with getting Windows updates and a problem with freezing at boot, all this is related only with May 2019 Windows updates.
« Последнее редактирование: 08.09.2019 21:05:20 от klark973 »

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
« Ответ #6 : 09.09.2019 15:36:03 »
P.S.: Recently released beta based on P9, you can try ALT Education 9 - it also based on Xfce and optionaly on KDE5. Simply Linux 9 coming soon.
something else  this distribution ALT Education 9 is to big 6.8GB for a dvd -alt linux has  some program  to write on  usb ?

Оффлайн klark973

• Завсегдатай
  • Неспящий саппорт
« Ответ #7 : 09.09.2019 15:45:24 »
something else  this distribution ALT Education 9 is to big 6.8GB for a dvd -alt linux has  some program  to write on  usb ?
In Linux? Yes, dd is the best! 8-) ALT Education 9 for USB-sticks only. Try as root:

# dd if=/path/to/image.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=1M oflag=direct status=progress; sync

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
« Ответ #8 : 09.09.2019 15:47:59 »

In Linux? Yes, dd is the best! 8-) ALT Education 9 for USB-sticks only. Try as root:

# dd if=/path/to/image.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=1M oflag=direct status=progress; sync
when the file is downloaded   i try this :-) ;-)

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
« Ответ #9 : 11.09.2019 19:01:23 »
finaly
i install the education p9 only from dvd DL
from USB it is impassible ton install ,
because appear error  on monitor like this
 field to fetch file:/image/ALTLinux/RPMS.main/libalure-1.2-alt2.qa1.x86_64.rpm File not found

below you will see the all error message in the photo

i hope normal distribution simply Linux that interests me most, not to have such a problem,or better the distribution size is not so large GB...
« Последнее редактирование: 11.09.2019 19:10:19 от Δημητριος »

Оффлайн klark973

• Завсегдатай
  • Неспящий саппорт
« Ответ #10 : 11.09.2019 19:06:30 »
Congratulations!

This message indicates that the flash drive is broken. After writing to the flash drive, you need to check the checksum by reverse reading.

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
« Ответ #11 : 11.09.2019 22:04:07 »
Congratulations!

This message indicates that the flash drive is broken. After writing to the flash drive, you need to check the checksum by reverse reading.

you were absolutely right .... :-)

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
« Ответ #12 : 17.09.2019 14:35:10 »
however , neither microsoft can not find a solution to this problem
 you can see here ;-D

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
« Ответ #13 : 18.09.2019 14:59:39 »
...Пример Kali с одной стороны показателен, с другой нет. По пробовал, она кроме себя после установки ни чего не видит. То же самое и наши ОС. Где то здесь я уже обращал внимание на то, что если не смонтировать к примеру раздел с W- 10, то произойдёт то же самое. Загрузчик её не увидит. Вот сейчас я в такой ситуации. На одном HDD стоит эта ОС и W- 10, намеренно не монтируя раздел с ней, обновляю ядро. Всё, при перезагрузке только эта ОС. Запускаю Grub Customizer, вот она и нашлась! Почему не обновляется W-10 и её сёстры? Может по этому?:
if you want ,can you translate,  :-) because I don't make sense from the translator  8-|
« Последнее редактирование: 18.09.2019 15:01:46 от Δημητριος »

Оффлайн Δημητριος

• Давно тут
« Ответ #14 : 18.09.2019 15:12:27 »
...Пример Kali с одной стороны показателен, с другой нет. По пробовал, она кроме себя после установки ни чего не видит. То же самое и наши ОС. Где то здесь я уже обращал внимание на то, что если не смонтировать к примеру раздел с W- 10, то произойдёт то же самое. Загрузчик её не увидит. Вот сейчас я в такой ситуации. На одном HDD стоит эта ОС и W- 10, намеренно не монтируя раздел с ней, обновляю ядро. Всё, при перезагрузке только эта ОС. Запускаю Grub Customizer, вот она и нашлась! Почему не обновляется W-10 и её сёстры? Может по этому?:
However, the meaning I understand, is that you have a problem displaying the operating system at startup,If I get it right!
to me  the operatives both appear at start up .....
i have a problem only with updates and shutdown windows, until now ... tomorrow if broken grub and appear only one operating system or  shows nothing at start up  ... i don't now...